Friday, August 8, 2008

Living Testimonials


I rarely get feedback on my blog "on my blog", but I do get quite a number of responses when I cross paths with people who usually ask: "Do you really write that stuff?" Still, here are some of the more timely testimonials I've received to date.

Dad, don't write about mom. You're embarrassing her.
--Daughter (18) who will soon be leaving this house and won't have to endure further embarrassment from her father.

When do we eat?
--Son (15) whose kitchen excursions continue to drive our food bill into the stratosphere.

You're insane. I'd always suspected that I got the better half of the gene pool, and your blog proves it.
--Brother (43) who doesn't realize that I'm adopted.

When are you going to give up this charade of being a writer and come home to my lovin' arms?
--Wife (?) who never said this, but seems to share this sentiment every time she burns the meatloaf and asks me to come to bed during a late night writing marathon.

No comments: