Friday, April 18, 2008

So Far . . .

Late last year I made an assessment of my reading list and determined that I'd read some sixty books in 2007. I'm not sure I could ever read a hundred books in a year, but I thought I'd take stock of my progress thus far in 2008. To date I have read:

1491: The Year Before Columbus Discovered America, by Charles Mann
A Lifetime of Secrets, By Frank Warren
Pigeons, by Andrew Blechman
In Defense of Food, by Michael Pollan
The Ultimate Cheapskate's Road Map to True Riches, by Jeff Yeager
The Book of Hard Choices, by James Autry and Peter Roy
Quiet Strength, by Tony Dungy (actually written by Nathan Whitaker)
The Best American Short Stories, 2007
The Best American Mystery Stories, 2007
Something Wicked This Way Comes, by Ray Bradbury
How Chess Imitates Life, by Gary Kasparov
Love Me, by Garrison Keillor
Pontoon, by Garrison Keillor
Charlatan, by Pope Brock
Forward be Our Watchword, by Kevin Corn
Schulz and Peanuts, by David Michaelis
Shakespeare, by Bill Bryson
The Lost Continent, by Bill Bryson
Writers at Work, volumes 2, 5 & 7
Coach, by Andrew Blauner (ed.)

I'm sure I've forgotten a few, but that's 22 works so far. If I continue the pace, I might actually make a hundred books. No wonder my eyesight keeps getting worse. But my brain can use all the help it can get.

No comments: