Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Reading Schedules

I've been at a pastors conference for the past two days (one of those high-powered gatherings that most pastors try to avoid like the plague). But whenever I go to these conferences, I always end up reading through the printed materials and such, looking for typos and odditites.

Here are couple that I discovered:
One of the workshops was called "One New Day" (or something like that), but its accurate title was "Reaching the Younger Generation." Maybe they should have been combined to read: "One New Day We're Going to Reach the Younger Generation."

We were also scheduled to hear a speaker from 9-10:30 a.m., but were also suppossed to be on the other side of the compound at 10 a.m. Talk about omnipresence....God was there, but I wasn't. I was in the bathroom at 10:30 as I recall, then went out to get a cup of coffee.

Now, I'm not complaining about these fine points. Rather, they kept me occupied. A conference of United Methodist pastors has to be good for some entertainment, don't you think?

No comments: