Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sleepy


I'm tired. But I'm wired.

After our Sunday morning service project and mission was complete, after sitting in the Indy airport for three hours, and after arriving back home with the question, "What can I write being this sleepy . . .?" I arrived at the conclusion that I only had the energy to write cover letters and stuff envelopes . . . and so . . . .

Now, twelve envelopes, two hours, and some-odd-dollars in stamps later, I'm energized by the prospects of sending out some of my best essays (two to various nature/wildlife magazines), a science fiction story, and a preposterous peck of poems (mostly light verse).

And if my energy and eyelids hold up for another few hours, I might still have enough gas in the tank to write one more essay after this blog.

But on what?

Some possible titles:
Eye See Ewe: One Writer's Odyssey Into the World of Llama Farming.

Well Red: A List of 1000 Word Novels That Will Bring You to Tears.

Sneezy, Dopey and Sleepy: Three Small Attitudes That Can Make a Difference in Your Sunday Afternoon.

No comments: