Sunday, June 14, 2009

Reprints


Over the weekend I received a request from a publisher to reprint a portion of an essay I wrote some months ago. This is maybe the third or fourth request I've had for a reprint this year.

What's happening?

Well, perhaps I've simply written so much material that it is inevitable that someone would want to reprint some of it. Or, publishers may be running out of material. Or, perhaps, I've written a few lines that are actually worth reprinting.

I choose the latter. Makes me feel good. Makes me feel like somebody out there likes me . . . that I'm good enough to deserve the love of a good woman, that I'm good enough to buy a T-bone steak now and then, that I might even be good enough to buy a big-ol roll of double-ply bathroom tissue and really enjoy myself.

I enjoy giving my permission for these reprints. I can only assume that somebody out there is reading.

No comments: