Monday, June 1, 2009

Book Royalties & My Salvation of Poland


After an early morning kayak, I came home to find that I had received a semi-annual royalty statement from a publisher. It was depressing, noting how far into the "red" my books have sunk . . . sort of like a drowning child gasping for air. But there was no hope in this statement. The royalties in the "red" already declared my books DOA. No number of shocks could bring these books back to life, and there is no amount of adrenalin that could jump-start them to life again.

However, I did note that the publisher had sold one of my books through a European agent to a Polish publisher. So now I can say that my books have been translated into Chinese, Korean, Portuguese (don't ask), Spanish, and now Polish. The Polish edition has sold something like 350 copies. But of course, I'll never see a single KRONER in my bank account from those sales.

Anyway, I'll have to bask in the realization that I am helping the world. What Hitler did to Poland I am now fighting to overcome . . . one lousy Todd book at a time.

No comments: