Friday, June 5, 2009

The Donut and Me


Today is national donut day. (Every day is "national" something day.) But I'm a bit depressed. I haven't had my donut. I'm trying to keep my "losing" streak alive. Losing weight, that is.

I've now fallen below 220 lbs (on most weigh-ins) and I'm becoming a mean, lean machine, reaching for my goal of getting strong, fit, and tan for a summer cruise. But afterwards, look out Dunkin' Donuts.

Actually, the donut has seen me through many late night and early morning writing sessions. Sessions that, sometimes, have lasted for days, sessions that were supported by caffeine and powerdered sugar.

But, having said that, I will be driving past Dunkin' Donuts in a few minutes on my way to a book signing. I might just have to pick up a donut . . . you know, since it is national donut day.

No comments: