Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Letter Campaign


Recently I've been writing letters . . . letters to editors, book sellers, executives, you know . . . people who matter. I've been trying to make a case for these people to use my bridal book in some capacity, even if they need scrap paper to start a fire.

Most of my letters read something like this:

Dear Important Person:

You are so special to a loser like me. What would I do without YOU? Hey, while you're still reading . . . how about a book? Need a new one--something that looks pretty on the shelf? How about my book? It's got a great cover. Real slick.

I've enclosed a book for your convenience. Sure, it cost me to send this book to you, along with the postage stamps, but it's all worth it . . . even if you just riffle your fingers through the pages once and feel the heft of my work. What you are holding in your hand is two-years-worth of my life: early mornings, late nights, all nights, writing during family vacations in the hotel room while the rest of the family is getting sun on the beach.

But, hey, I'm not complaining. I just hope you like this book. Maybe you can use it as a door stop?

Ya'll take care now!
Mr. Alleycat

No comments: