Friday, March 14, 2008

Old Man White Lick

A few years ago I read a book by Jonathan Rabin, a British writer, about his one man adventure down the mighty Mississippi in a fifteen foot johnboat. It was a great read and made me pine for such an adventure myself.

Fortunately, I have white lick creek. I've been down the creek twice in a kayak now and its a blast. Yesterday, Aaron Helman and I ventured a little further south and even started naming some of the rapids.

How does "Hell's Bridge" sound? Or "Helman's rapids"? They are there.
I think I'll keep kayaking as long as the water stays high. Might even preach a sermon out of the boat, like Jesus did. But I wonder, if I did it, would other pastors post blogs about it? Might be a bad thing to preach from a boat, or from moving water, or to attract attention in a craft purchased from Dick's Sporting goods.

1 comment:

Mark W said...

Eliot Spitzer's wife re-named their yacht, "The John Boat".