Monday, March 10, 2008

10,000 Words

I completed an incredible display of writing this past week. On Friday (my usual day off) I wrote for nearly eight hours (stopping only for two pots of coffee, several pit stops, and a brief respite from a massive headache that I cured with three Tylenol and a fifteen minutes nap). Saturday and Sunday nights completed my run, and all told I put more than 10,000 words on paper--about 40 pages of material, including two articles that an editor asked me to write for a ministry journal.

My fingers ache today, but otherwise I've come down off the caffeine buzz and I've got a great start on a 250 page book I'm writing.

Still, I have a long way to go to break my own record. I once wrote a book over a weekend (all of it!) and it was published eight months later. That was about 30,000 words in two and a half days, no sleep, and lots of expresso.

But I'm not going there again.

No comments: