Monday, August 6, 2012

Advertising

Recently a newspaper article featured a profile of He Said, She Said (book) the same week that people began asking me:  "Didn't we see you on TV in a commercial?"

Answer:  Yes, that was me sitting in the wheelchair.

My son and daughter were the first to ask:  "Hey didn't we see you on TV?  Was that you, Dad?"

Again.  Yes.

However, I would like to make the following statement regarding this said commercial:

No people were injured in the making of this commercial, which was filmed on location before a live studio audience.  Those in the commercial were actual people, and were not fake people.  Furthermore, those who made the commercial seemed to really enjoy creating it, and it was a heck of a lot of fun.

Now people are asking:  "What's next for you?"

Well, in ten days I move my son out of the house (and into VU) and I will also be loading all of my daughter's wedding gifts and some of our furniture and transporting it to Bloomington.  So soon you will be hearing about wild parties at our house and much celebration.  I plan to make cookies (I have a recipe).  And I will subscribe to another magazine.

After that, I'll be just another face in the crowd. 

No comments: