Saturday, April 2, 2011

Coming Attractions


On Monday, April 4, my wife Becky will celebrate birthday #50. She doesn't know it, but I've been preparing a special blog series just for her. This will be tricky business for me, especially since my wife doesn't read my blogs, nor much of anything I write. Nor does she care, for that matter.


Starting Monday, I'm going to post some of my "romantic" poetry . . . stuff I've written for her over the years. For some time I've tried to write a poem each week expressing my love or some other base desire. Many of these poems can't be shared, of course, as I don't want to be arrested on obscenity charges. And others . . . well, my wife keeps them rolled up in her panty hose drawer and cherishes them. I can't share any of these, either. (Though I must confess I do send some of the best ones to editors and some of these poems are forthcoming in various journals. I'll surprise my wife when they are published.)


But the hundreds of others I've written through the years are fair game, and I'm going to showcase some of my romance poetry as a gift to my wife . . . and perhaps for all the other lovers out there. To all the gentlemen: feel free to read one of my poems to your wife if you think she is naive enough to believe it and love you for it!


So . . . stay tuned. See you here on Monday for my Romance Poetry Week. I'll try to make Don Juan proud.

No comments: