Monday, April 11, 2011

The College Kid

Last night Becky finally read my blog birthday poems, called me a weirdo, and then wanted to know what else I had written about her.  Thank God, our house is back to normal today.

I do think my daughter is worthy of at least one blog poem.  She doesn't read my blog, either.  So here's one I wrote a couple of years ago soon after she left home and migrated to Ball State University. Perhaps a parent or two can identify with the sentiment. I love you, Chelsey!

Losing You

Somewhere in these final days
Of games and weekend dances
We lost you to yourself
And to the world's alluring glances.

And now that you are you no more
But all together free
We hope that some day you'll return
To find eventually

That you had never really left
But quietly remain
Within the spaces you once knew
And where we spoke your name.

No comments: