Sunday, April 24, 2011

Christmas & Easter & Universal Studios

This past week my creativity took a turn toward Christmas.  On Good Friday I wrote a Christmas story that I intend to publish in a unique format at Christmas and today, on Easter, I wrote a second Christmas story along with a signature poem that I will add to the final volume of my Christmas CD trilogy.  All told, I think I wrote something like five thousand words during holy week, including sermons, and I will soon be scheduling studio time for the CD recording.

In the meantime my daughter, Chelsey, informed me that she wrote two 30 page papers this week at Ball State and recently submitted a paper for the Harry Potter convention (this June) to be held at Universal Studios, Florida.  Her paper, an informational piece on modern day slavery (25 million slaves wordwide today) used the Harry Potter books as a tie in to some creative work and theology that she has been dedicated to since her high school years.  Her paper was one of a handful accepted for publication and she will be a featured speaker at the Universal Studios convention this summer.  Holy Hermione!  What a writer!  Proud of you, kid!

And now, as I relax on this Easter afternoon, I am preparing to receive a phone call from my agent on Monday afternoon.  Perhaps all of this blitzkrieg writing will pay off.  I might receive word that one of my old, dusty, dead books has been resurrected. 

Hey, a writer can still hope can't he?

No comments: