Thursday, October 21, 2010

Body, Mind & Spirit (Part 5)


Photo #5
Photo Title: Remember This Guy?
Photo Reveals: a) What Todd looked like one year ago, moments before he shaved off his moustache of 30 years b) this is the REAL Todd c) this is the REAL Logan.
Photo Credit: Chelsey Outcalt
Photo Caption: "In a few minutes, you won't look like Gandolf the Gray anymore."



Random Thoughts Post-50


I wonder if people think I'm weird? (Maybe they already knew this.)

Will people accept me now that I'm eating donuts again?

I know my wife loves me unconditionally because: when I asked her if she wanted me to maintain my 50-year-old-shaved-n-tanned-muscular shape, she said, "I don't love you for your body. I love you because you do what I ask you to do and you make great soups." What a woman! And to think that I married her because I lost a coin flip with her father. If I had won the toss, her father would have given me two bulls, a sheep, and a cross-eyed goat. I'd still have meat in the freezer, but it would be tough playing Scrabble solitaire. Glad I lost the coin toss and got her instead. She's been a great consolation prize.

Quote from Yogi Berra: "I'm in pretty good shape for the shape I'm in."

Quote from Dizzy Dean: "It ain't braggin' if you done it."

To children and teenagers: keep learning; do not drop out of your education; complete your degree! Earn another one! The more you learn the higher you'll soar.

My faith in God has had the single, greatest impact on the trajectory of my life . . . and I'm still going on to perfection.

To my clergy colleagues: recent studies have shown that clergy in America are the most unhealthy people in American society. Shouldn't we be the healthiest?

I have other photos of my 50-year-old condition. I'll keep a few in my wallet. And if anyone doubts I have achieved my conditioning goal at 50, I'll have the photos to prove it.

What are your goals? Are you working on them? If not, when are you going to begin?

Stay strong (in body, mind & spirit)!!!





No comments: