Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Big 5-0


Today is my 50th Birthday. The day began rather inauspiciously when Becky woke me at 5 a.m. to give me a birthday card before leaving for school. I barely remember this.

What Iwill always remember is coming to church and being surprised by our kindergarten class. I will always remember the love and kindness of the Calvary staff . . . I really do love you all! I will always remember the big basket of gag gifts, the cards and letters and the emails and facebook greetings . . . which I am still reading and enjoying.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you to a great congregation. I'm truly blessed to be at Calvary. Everyone really lifted my spirits and buoyed my energy. (I've been waiting to use the word "buoyed" for decades, and now here it is!)

I have not yet (not quite!) achieved my goal of getting into optimal shape. But I hope to have photos next week (don't be grossed out). I had to eat a piece of Fay's pecan pie (which is just too good to pass up), and I can always do a bit more aerobics tomorrow morning at 6 a.m.

My sermon this Sunday is "Reflections at Fifty". It will be a testimony and a reflection on the things I have learned through 50 years of life. I look forward to seeing you all then.

And again . . . I will never forget this day. I mean that from the bottom of my heart!!!!!!!


1 comment:

The Friendly Kemist said...

Congratulations on reaching half a century. Get that AARP membership form in the mail!!!!