Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Birthday Card Greetings


Again, many thanks to all of you who sent me 50th birthday cards or greetings. I've had fun reading through all of the cards and the expressions of care . . . funny or otherwise.

I did think that one of the funniest that came my way was this 50th Birthday Poem entitled, "The Senility Prayer" . . . a sort of mock tribute to the Serenity prayer that is so popular. It goes like this:

God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked, the good fortune to run into the people I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.

My fiftieth birthday itself (Oct. 12) was a great day . . . but I'm really looking forward to soon enjoying some actual cake, pie, and ice cream. By the time my birthday rolled around I had still not achieved my fitness goal, so I ate only a small fraction of Fay's pecan pie (I'm saving the other piece), and yesterday and today has been little more than celery sticks and diet cola, along with copious amounts of protein drinks, vitamins, creatine, and glutamine . . . the latter of which are amino acids that basically store energy and water inside the muscles.

My photo shoot is coming soon . . . and yes, I plan to post a few of these on facebook and/or this blog, along with some essays explaining "why" I set this insane fitness goal for my 50th birthday, "what" it proves, and "who" I'm hoping it will benefit beside myself.

You won't want to miss these essays/blogs and photos if you really want to know why I do what I do and what I have learned about body, mind, and spirit after 50 years. And I won't be wearing a shirt.

First post. Friday?

2 comments:

Michelle Kallock Knight said...

So your post on Friday will be Rated PG-13 or R? I shall warn mothers of small children! LOL

Julia Cates said...

Nice bday wishing card.
Happy bday to you.
Thanks for share.
wedding songs