Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Reading From the Back Row


I am now making my plans for annual conference . . . and this includes taking along a copious amount of reading material. God knows I need something to do while sitting on the back row in the balcony at Emens Auditorium.

Among the titles I'm bringing this year are:
William Randolph Hearts: The Uncrowned King (still working on this one after three weeks)
Novel Preaching
John Updike: The Interviews

I must also not forget to bring my reading glasses. I am now nearly helpless without my reading specs. Even large print is difficult to see unless I have magnification and light.

Even writing this blog is a labor of love, as I must constantly retype lines and make sure I am not typing incoherent blather.

And, with my reading glasses, I cannot see anything far away. This makes going to annual conference a great joy, as I won't be able to see anything on the stage. I'll just have to ask the person sitting two rows away: "Hey, is that Betty White on stage?"

It won't be, of course. Nothing at conference is ever that exciting!

No comments: