Sunday, June 20, 2010

Christmas in June


It is strange writing about Christmas in June . . . but that's the nature of thinking ahead and submitting ahead of the curve. Publishers (particularly magazines) anticipating Christmas stories and submissions for their December issues will be looking for material soon. And this means that writers can't wait until September or October to submit Christmas material. Writing, in many ways, also involves looking into the future, thinking ahead, and beating the curve.

So . . . June has been a month of Christmas stories--and some great ones this year if I do say so myself. I hope there will be a few editors out there who will receive my work with a smile and say, "Hey, now there 's guy who is ahead of the curve. A Christmas submission in June. What do you know about that?"

Which makes me wonder: what do I need to be writing this fall?

No comments: