Thursday, April 8, 2010

Interviews

So far, a fun and fascinating week off. I've kayaked, hiked, read, and written lots of new material. And I've also given some telephone interviews.


My favorite was an interview with a journalist in L.A. who called to tell me how much she enjoyed my blog (this one!). "It's unique. Not like any other. Kind of warped."


"That's good," I said. "I hate stereotypes. But since the blog is warped, I'll try harder to move into the insane category."


She then proceeded to ask me some stereotypical questions and I gave stereotypical answers for the stereotypical article in the stereotypical magazine. The only thing was, when she called, she told me she wanted to do the interview because she needed some "quotes from an expert!"


Me? An expert? In what? Still . . . I hope I gave her some great insights. I did tell her:


"You know, nostalgia was so much better years ago."
"I only pay with cash . . . which is just as good as real money."
"Are you taping this interview? I hate the sound of my own voice when it shows up in print."


I'm not sure she got me at all. She didn't even laugh.

No comments: