Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Un-Wedded


Yes, it happened again this week. This time in the form of an anonymous letter. A bride writing to tell me that she had read my book and that, based upon my advice, she was calling off the wedding with her deadbeat guy.

Now, at the risk of writing this blog and finding that this guy actually reads blogs and later that he shows up at my door with a double-barrel, I have to wonder: What book did you read, honey? Are you sure it was one of mine? Who reads my books? Who takes my advice? Are you sure you're doing the right thing? And finally . . . yes, you're doing the right thing!

Whoever you are out there, listen . . . life's complicated enough without throwing more complication into the mix with a bad marriage. It's like tossing gasoline on a small fire and thinking, "This will make the fire even smaller!" Doesn't work.

So, take my advice, love-lorn. Take it from Uncle Toddy. You don't HAVE to marry ANYONE. Don't let aunt Sadie talk you into it if the mix isn't right for YOU.

And there's more . . . don't marry any man who shaves off a moustache. Don't marry a guy who loves pastries. Stear clear of any man with a last name beginning in the letter "O".

But that's just me . . . .


No comments: