Saturday, July 11, 2009

Rejects


It's been some months since I was able to send out a shotgun blast of essays, articles and shorter pieces to editors, but I did get a couple of rejections today, including a handwritten rejection from Mr. Eustice Tilly himself (the cover mascot of The New Yorker magazine). Mr. Tilly didn't like my personal essay, but did think it was well-written and he did encourage me to send him other submissions. Okay, might just do that.
Mr. Tilly may come across as snooty and aloof, but he actually represents the pinnacle of essay, short story, and journalistic publishing in America. I hope to grace his wonderful pages at least one before I die.
Thank you, Mr. Tilly. You'll be hearing from me again very soon.

2 comments:

Mark W said...

You will make it.

Mark W said...

It is a dreary Saturday today. A good day to write. Today is your day.