Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Anniversary Cruise


For each of the past ten years, Becky and I have set aside a sum of money for a 25th anniversary trip. Earlier in the year, with the downturn in the economy, we debated whether a silver anniversary trip together would be a prudent decision, but together agreed that we would only have one 25th in our lifetimes, and that we should forge ahead. So we booked a cruise. A cheap one. About the lowliest excursion we could find.

But I, personally, am excited about the prospects.

For example, I can't wait to get on board and ask the steward: "Can you please direct me to the poop deck?"

Now, I don't know what a poop deck is, but it must be where all the bathrooms are located. I have a feeling I might get seasick and have to vomit. So, I need to know where all the hatches are.

I am also preparing for a 25th anniversary love fest. I am writing a very lengthy love letter which I intend to present at some low point of the cruise, perhaps when Becky becomes truly disappointed in the whole experience with me. I'm bringing a suit and tie for dinner. I intend to shave (well, my face, anyway). I have purchased cheap paperback novels to read on board.

Of course, I'll be keeping a diary of my love boat experiences, and I intend to share these in a new blogging series upon my return. But I've only got three days before launch, and I've got so much to do.

1 comment:

Michelle Kallock Knight said...

Only you could mix the poop deck and love boat in one blog. Amazing- your talents are simply stunning!