Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Cruise Writing


As I prepare to take my first cruise, the old theme song for THE LOVE BOAT keeps running through my head. (Lyrics by Paul Williams)

Love, exciting and new Come Aboard.
We're expecting you.
Love, life's sweetest reward.
Let it flow, it floats back to you.

Love Boat soon will be making another run
The Love Boat promises something for everyone
Set a course for adventure, Your mind on a new romance.
Love won't hurt anymore It's an open smile on a friendly shore.

Yes LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE! It's LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE! (hey-ah!)

Cheesy? Sure. But what a show! And I never watched a single episode! I just turned on the TV from time to time to look at the bikinis.
As I prepare to set sail, I've also had some phone calls and offers, which always happens as soon as I am leaving town and cannot be reached. As it turns out, I've got a whole slate of radio call-in, talk-shows that I am supposed to do as soon as I return (I said "Book 'em, Danno!) and another editor promised to call me regarding some book proposals I had drawn up some months ago.

I'll be a busy man as soon as I return . . . as long as the ship doesn't sink!

No comments: