Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ray Bradbury

One of my favorite writers is Ray Bradbury. I am completing the most recent collection of his short stories: We'll Always Have Paris. Over the years, I think I've read at least 150 Bradbury stories. He is a writer of great imagination and depth. His stories range from fantasy to domestic, from science fiction to historical.

Bradbury was also the designer of Epcot Center in Disney World. And in particular, he designed the big steel ball that greets you when you enter the Epcot area.

I would love to design a big steel ball, too. But then, I would love to design anything . . . even a little steel ball, or a little rubber ball, or a teenie-tiny microscopic ball that is used by viruses to play a full-contact sport.

No use, I can never be like Bradbury and write about stuff like this with any conviction.

No comments: