Sunday, March 1, 2009

National Geographics

Saturday evening was an oddity at our house. Becky and I spent several hours sorting through my library, culling out old books to make room for new books, etc. But one of the principal culprits in the lack of shelf space was the infamous National Geographic. There were hundreds of these things dating back to the mid 1980s, when my father-in-law began giving us an annual subscription to the magazine as part of our Christmas gift.

One thing about moving piles of National Geographics. They are heavy!

By the time we finished sorting, compiling, and otherwise arranging the years in magazine racks, my back was aching. I didn't count this as exercise since I work out with much heavier weights, but I did have to take two Tylenol before bed so I would be feeling happy on Sunday morning.

Now I do have some free shelf space for new books, but I'm not sure that moving all of these magazines was the answer. Why can't my wife allow me to simply built more shelves?

1 comment:

Del. Blog said...

National Geographic Magazine is considered "Satan's Monthly" by professional organizers.

;-)
Kendra S.