Thursday, March 12, 2009

Passwords

Yesterday I had a problem with our phone. When I called to get assistance, the operator asked for my password. My password? Holy cow, lady, I don't even know my middle name! My password?! I gave her every password I could possibly recall, but to no avail. So she asked me to give her my mother's maiden name(which I could not remember) thinking this "hint" might jar something loose. But no go.

After this conversation, it occurred to me that we now live in a world of passwords. I've got passwords for computer, phone, television cable, my pension, my bank account, the ATM machine, my cell phone . . . heck, my wife even asks for my password before she will let me in the bedroom at night.

So, I'm simplifying. Here's my plan . . . .

All of my money-related accounts (like pension, bank, ATM etc.) are going to be opened by the password (get this): Toddsmoney. Isn't that clever? I won't forget that one.

And all of my other accounts (TV, telephone) will be opened by: Toddsotherjunk.

I'm getting the hang of this. And last night I gave Becky my new password to her heart: Toddwantssomelovinsoopenthedangdoor.

No comments: