Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What's in a Day?

On Monday (MLK Day) I found myself at home. Becky was making lesson plans for the week and grading papers. My son, Logan, was sleeping and later studying for his final exams. That left me with plenty of time to write. And that's what I did. All day.

I really got jiggy wid'it. Wrote two remarkable essays for a bridal magazine (yes, I write for brides, sorry), three cover letters, and completed a personal essay that I hope to find a home for in the coming weeks. All in all, about 6,000 finely-tuned words, after three rewrites and then a nap to clear my mind.

Becky and I did, however, go out to dinner alone. So she can't say I wasn't at least a little romantic.

Thanks, Martin! I really appreciate all you have done to make America better, and for giving us all a little break from which to refresh and create.

No comments: