Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Editor Calls At Last

It happened Friday afternoon . . . an editor called at last to check on my writing progress (for the third book I'll have published in 2009). Another youth ministry title.

Funny thing, this was the first time I'd talked to anyone in the publishing house. To date, I've been writing this sucker full blast every night for a month and have passed the 20,000 word mark . . . all without a voice-to-voice conversation, a deadline, a publishing date, or a contract. The latter is one of my taboos, generally. I'm firm about not writing anything for anyone unless they send me a document to sign (or a donut to eat).

But I started this baby based on a mysterious voice mail I received a few weeks ago.
(Heavy Breathing, kind of sexy) "I vont your vook . . . ven can you vrite it vor me?"

But on Friday I did get confirmation. Yes, this is no joke. Yes, I need to write this sucker fast and continue my pursuit of zero shut eye. Yes, there is a publication plan. Yes, they will be talking with me again very soon about a contract. I'll soon be getting another call from Transylvania.

Yipee! I Vont to do zeez, one! Ven can ve talk again?

No comments: