Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My Journals #3

As I kid I took pride in my "penmanship". In fact, I recall receiving a grade for this in school. But then came the personal computer and my handwriting skills flew away.

This lack of gracefulness is evident as I read through my long-lost journals. In fact, there are long, tedious passages of indecipherable scratchings. The longer I stare at these the more confused I become. It's emotionally traumatic--not being able to read one's own writing. But then, my hands are mangled, too, and I have the first pangs of carpel-tunnel syndrom, and I'm sure my caffeine tremble doesn't help either. But these journals were written years back . . . .

Did I intend to write "Bologna"? or is that "Begonia"? Is that a "T" or an "L"? No wonder I switched to writing on computer.

And, come to think of it, I'm not so sure if some of my entries were intended to be in secret code. But now that I have a mystery on my hands, you can bet I'll be trying even harder to find out what I was thinking in 1988.

No comments: