Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Roach Clips

After reading Mary Roach's book, Spook: Science Tackles the Afterlife, I realized that science has been working for a long time to determine if our consciousness survives death. There are a lot of people who believe, of course, that we do. And most people believe in an afterlife. I hope so! There are even those who believe that the dead can come back in other forms. Now, I doubt this very much, but naturally my wife and I have talked about this.

If I die before her (God forbide!) I've decided I'll try to contact her as a twenty-five year old ice curling champion from Denmark. My name will be Swen. She'll meet me at Starbucks and spend the rest of the evening thawing me out. Nature will take its course.

If she dies before me (God forbide!) I hope she will return as a twenty-five year old Swedish dancer who has a penchant for poor pastors. I'll know her when our eyes meet across a crowded room at the seminar entitled Paul Tillich and the Search For Meaning in Grand Rapids, Michigan. She will call me "Charles" in a sultry voice. Nature will take its course.

I hope to send this information along soon to my lawyer, Bob. He's a great guy. Believes he was Rita Hayworth in his former life. But I call him "Flip."

See you on the other side!

No comments: