Friday, June 20, 2008

Read It

For two days solid we did nothing but read at Ball State. There were brochures, schedules, contracts, fliers, post cards, notebooks, pamplets, binders, and enough small print to make a person go cross-eyed. This was our daughter's orientation to the world of higher academics. Get used to it, I told her. Once you get here, you're on your own.

The only thing I understand clearly after all my reading is that old dad is going to be shelling out a big wad of dinero. That's about the only thing that was crystal clear: here's how much an education at Ball State is going to cost. Get the picture?

Of course, my daughter is worth every penny. A person can't really put a price tag on knowledge. I read that somewhere in the fine print when I payed the doctor for her delivery eighteen+ years ago.

Oh, and by the way, I found a penny on the sidewalk at Ball State near the bell tower. That should bring me good luck. I'm gonna need it.

No comments: