Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Dedications

My zaniest book dedication is the one that reads:

To Ty: Who has been like a brother to me

It's clever, since Ty actually is my brother. Get it? My most recent book dedication will read (when the book is published in 2010):

To my grandmother: still beautiful after all these years.

I think it's true, but grandma ain't what she used to be . . . let's be honest. At ninety-four, grandma is, well . . . a grandma.

But in case the rest of my family might be feeling left out, I have prepared the following for future publications:

To my dad: who will be genetically passing along his ataxia which will hit me some time in my late sixties.

To my mom: who has given me a world of Jell-O and soups.

To Becky: Still my hoochie-mama

To Logan: Dude!

To Chelsey: who is expected to, as the first born, care for her father in his old age and provide a warm cup for his dentures when he reaches his eighties and is writing, by then, with a palsied hand.

No comments: