Friday, June 6, 2008

Recyling Reading

The first day of annual conference is over and already I have inherited a sack full of reading material (none of it by choice). I've got conference reports, worship bulletins, commitee reports, advertisements, and announcements of every sort.

Of course, we are well-intentioned. We are going to recycle all of this stuff.

Every year, some brave soul rises to the podium and says, "Bishop, members of the annual conference, friends . . . on behalf of baldies everywhere I would ask us to keep in mind the large recycle bins located at the entrances before we leave annual conference. Let's be kind and recycle all of this paper we are using."

I'm always happy to oblige. I usually dump my supply into the bins before the first day is over. I've discovered I can survive on conversation and listening alone. And as for interesting reading material, I have discovered an ample supply of intersting tidbits on the bathroom walls, men's room, in the IU auditorium, mezzanine level.

No comments: