Wednesday, October 31, 2007

More Brains

Every now and then I come across a volume in my library that I intended to read years ago, but never did. Such was the case two days ago when I discovered (high up on my shelves) another book about brains: How Brains Think. It's a biology book, very cerebral, thoughtful, and thought-provoking. But then, it's a book about brains.

Why am I stuck on brains all of a sudden? First there was the biography of Einstein, then I had to read a follow-up book about the stealing of Einstein's brain, and now this. Am I thinking straight? Do I have a brain in my head? Am I thinking too much about brains?

I know! I should go back to Evansville, stand in line at the Fall Festival (run by the West-side Nut Club nonetheless), and order a brain sandwich. Ever had one? They are for real. Kind of makes you think, doesn't it?

No comments: