Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Warm Up

It always feels warmer when I wake up to a good word.  And this morning the word came from an editor that he is accepting several of my poems for publication. (Thanks, Ron.)  Always makes my day.

As things stand now, these deep winter days have become a paradise.  Free from the pressures of being outside, I can hunker down late at night and write through the freeze.  (There's actually a little heat produced from this keyboard and, on really cold nights, I can feel the disparity in temperature.)

I can also look back on today and say these were my first accepted pieces of 2014.

It's been a few weeks since I produced any noteworthy poems, so I'm always grateful to place one of two into the market.  Does wonders for motivation.

Presently, as I write this, it is -5 . . . but it feels warmer.

A pot of coffee and a warm keyboard work wonders.

No comments: