Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Guest Host

"And Johnny's guest host tonight is (David Brenner, Gary Shandling, Doc Severnson . . . take your pick)."  Anyone as old as I am will remember those words at the beginning of The Tonight Show.  In fact, as Johnny Carson aged, there were more guest hosts than Johnny Carson.  And that's the way it is (wait a minute . . . that's Walter Cronkite).

I've been guest hosting a lot of late . . . writing guest blogs, that is.  I've guest blogged in England, Canada, and points around the U.S.   Most of these blogs of late have been about breast cancer support and recovery. 

I've even guest blogged for several sites with the words "boobie" or "boobies" in the title.  I guess this is how these blogs get traffic.

But I can write about boobies.  That's what I do.  I might even get a boobie prize some day.  It's all part of the equation, I suppose.

I don't know how long this guest blogging will continue, but if I begin counting my guest blogs as published essays, I'm going to blow away my goal of 150 published pieces in 2014. 

And since my wife won't be reading my essays, I'm on my own.  I just hope I spell boobie correctly. 

No comments: