Wednesday, January 22, 2014

2014

Well, now that 2013 is a distant warm memory and I have a new year ahead, it's time to set some writing goals.  But I'll have to aim high to beat last year's achievements, all of which turned out to surpass the goals I'd set in January of 2013.

I could also include some goals of a personal nature, benchmarks like:

Be able to select my wife out of a lineup of strange women . . .
Prepare an evening cuisine not consisting of Ramen noodles . . .
Expand my repertoire of conversation at home to include phrases other than:
* See you in the morning (maybe)
* Yes, I've been up since 4 a.m.
* Where did you hide my licorice?

But the way I see it, since my wife is planning a 30 year anniversary trip later this summer, we'll catch up on life when we are in Ireland, London, Paris, Rome, Venice and Florence.  (Yes, Lord willin' we'll be there in July.)  And I can write abroad for the first time, too.

At any rate, my goals for 2014 are rather grandiose, but here they are:

1. Write/publish/or contract for seven books in 2014.
2. Publish 150 essays.

Now I've got work to do.  And the only way to get there is to write every day.  I can rest later.  After I'm dead. 

No comments: