Friday, March 29, 2013

Write Me!

I finally said "Yes" to offering a writing class.  And YOU can sign up.  Nothing fancy here . . . just a morning and afternoon with ME (includes a lunch) and, I hope, plenty of practical tips about writing and some answers to your questions about writing, techniques, and publishing.  You can also bring along a work-in-progress for class critique.



When: May 9th.
Time: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Where: Indiana UM Conference Center office (presentation room on first floor)
Cost: A bargain at $20 (includes lunch and snack . . . and $0 going to the presenter so he can remain pure and untainted by the lure of filthy lucre).
Who:  Anyone--lay or clergy--who enjoy writing and/or want to learn more about improving their skills or knowing more about the "nuts-n-bolts" of the publishing world.
To Registerwww.inumc.org/writer

Now, since I'm going to make a fool of myself, the least you can do is attend!  Go ahead . . . I dare you!  And if you sign up before midnight tonight . . .

But wait, there's more!

At this workshop you'll also learn:

* My Seven Secrets of Success: Or How I Parlayed an Essay on T-Shirt Sweat Stains into a Lucrative Income Approaching Two-Figures.

* My Five Sure-Fire Methods for Getting the Attention of New York Publishers (Not Including Prank Phone Calls as Donald Trump)

* My Three Daily Rituals that Will Keep You So Hopped Up on Writer's Caffeine That You'll Think You've Died and Gone to Heaven.

And

* My Top-Secret Weapon for Writing a Book in 24-Hours (Which Happens to be My Wife But For God's-Sake Don't Tell Her!)

As you can see, this is gonna be a doozy of a seminar and I know you can't wait to join me.  Believe me, you'll get your money's worth.  You gotta.  Heck, the lunch alone is worth double the price and you can probably slip one of those over-sized candy bars into your pocket for the drive home (that's a dollar value right there, pal). 

But listen . . . just in case you're worried that I don't have anything to offer, why not learn a few things from a guy who's published 30+ books in the past 15 years, who has published hundreds of essays/articles/poems in a wide-swath of magazines and genres, and who still doesn't have a clue how he's doing it!?  I promise, if nothing else, you'll have fun.  And hey, we might learn a few things, too.  

Hope to see YOU on May 9th.     

 

No comments: