Thursday, December 6, 2012

It's In the Mail

It's been a few days since I have received mail . . . due to the fact that someone took out my mailbox with a front bumper.  Naturally, now that I'm not receiving delivery, I'm expecting some important items.

For example:

A couple of magazine contacts should be in the mail, and a few contributors copies.  I'm expecting both.  And any day now I should be receiving a new shipment of books to review.

Oh, well.

There's still something exciting about the mail box.  Anticipation.  Expectation.  Promise.  Kind of like Advent . . . waiting for what is to come.

I also enjoy sending mail OUT . . . raising the little flag that signals to everyone:  Hey!  There are important documents in here!  Someone please stop by and pick them up

Amazing how the tiny box still thrills.  Old School.

No comments: