Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My Bunch

Many things happen in bunches.  Like bananas hanging from a tree limb, the writer tends to grab hold of more than one idea or concept at a time . . . or at least I do.  I tend to write in great sweeping forays, with intermittent periods of famine or drought.

Nearly every week someone asks me, "What are you working on?" or "What are you writing these days?" 

I don't always have an answer, as most of the time I am working on so many projects at once, it's tough to narrow the scope to a single piece of fruit.

But, in the interest of offering an answer today, here's a brief review of what I've worked on in the past two weeks:

An old book proposal on legends that I have resurrected from one of my slush piles.

Poems:  one of which was accepted for publication in a satirical journal.

A science fiction story entitled, "The Diver"

A book proposal I've entitled, Laugh at First Light . . . a humorous, devotional I hope can help people begin the day with a Biblical concept that will bring a smile.

Various essays.

Yes, I've written bunches . . . which is why I always watch the floor for banana peels.  I don't want to slip on what I've created.  I can't afford to break a hip.

No comments: