Thursday, July 31, 2008

Perfection

Yesterday I received a phone call from an editor at Abingdon who is working on my latest book (School's Out) to be published in spring 2009. I'm giving all of my royalties to our building fund (so I hope it makes a bundle).

When the editor called, I thought he would be giving me information about all the deficiencies of my manuscript, and all of the rewriting I would need to do (which can take weeks/months). But he called to tell me he found nothing that needed to be changed (no typos, no misspellings, no chapter rewrites, no do-overs). "NOTHING?" "NADA!"

Wow! This is a first for me. I've never obtained this kind of perfection before in my writing, so I must be getting better. He actually liked the book!

Now that I've reached a new eschalon in my writing, I'm going to celebrate. Tonight I'm going to ask Becky for her hand in marriage, and if she refuses, I'm going to go out and eat a slice of coconut cream pie at 11:30 p.m. before I begin another night of writing. Something tells me it's going to be pie tonight. But, hey, that's just me.

No comments: