Wednesday, January 2, 2008

What Did You Do in 2007, Honey?

Every new year my wife wants to know what I accomplished with my writing the year before. I think she wants to review my output to determine if 1. she might want to leave me for a younger, more nimble writer with a wittier pen 2. she can make me feel more inadequate.

Looking back on 2007, I take note of having published the following:

Four satirical pieces for The Wittenburg Door
A magazine article for American Fitness magazine on how to buy a mattress (more on this next blog)
Four science fiction stories (including one on Amazon.com entitled "The Word Master")
A novel (again published as an "electronic book" on Amazon entitled, A Christmas for Joey)

I hope this production will be enough to keep my wife with me another year. She rarely reads what I write, and would prefer that I spend my time washing dishes, cleaning kitchen floors, and fixing things around the house. I did get dozens of new tools for Christmas, though. All I have to do is figure out how to use them.

No comments: