Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Peanuts

Another book I purchased with my Christmas Barnes & Noble gift card was a biography of Charles Schultz, creator of Peanuts (Charlie Brown). As I presented the book at the checkout, the cashier (a guy with two earrings and a tongue clip) said, "You know, I hear this is a very depressing book."

I haven't read it yet, but I'm not into Oprah picks (as they usually are very depressing books about people who have to claw their way out of horrible situations like the plague, an airline accident, or some kind of deformity). I just wanted to read a book about the creator of Peanuts and have some quiet time away from my own depressing situation with teenagers and the beavers that are eating up all my trees along the creek.

Now, I'm not sure... I hate it when people give me unfavorable book reviews.

No comments: