Sunday, January 27, 2008

Nothing

A couple of years ago I purchased Schott's Original Miscellany--a book about nothing, really. From time to time I pick it up and flip through the pages. The book contains lists for such noteworthy trivia as International Business Envelope sizes, Bed sizes, How to wrap a sari, the longest and shortest city names, and the Victorian timetable for mourning.

Important stuff? Hardly. Fascinating? Abosolutely.

Here's two trivia pieces about me you may not know.

My favorite joke:
"Have you heard about a new disease they discovered? It's called chirpies. It's a canarial disease. However, it is tweetable." (I once told a doctor I had chirpies, he attempted to prescribe medication and didn't, apparently, have a sense of humor.)

My favorite President: William Henry Harrison. He was from Indiana, was in office only a few days, and died from health complications that set in as a result of giving his Presidential acceptance speech in the rain. Way to go, Willie!

No comments: