Thursday, January 31, 2008

Reading Dungy

I've started rereading Tony Dungy's book, Quiet Strength, so I can lead a book study group with intelligence and assurance. In the rereading, I've come to the conclusion that Tony Dungy is a spiritual giant. He's managed to boil the essense of life down to a demi glas of six questions. Namely: What's my game plan? What's my strength? What's my success? Where's my security? What's my significance? and What's my legacy?

I've been awake for two nights pondering these imponderables and have finally arrived at the answers.

What's my game plan?
To make love to my wife.

What's my strength?
My kissing.

What's my success?
About five times a week (okay, I've inflated my stats, but I'm taking steroids and hgh)

Where's my security?
Ten thousand in cash and T-bills hidden in a portable safe at an undisclosed location in my house. The combination is 36-14-44.

What's my significance?
My wife and children adore me.

What's my legacy?
I'm insured for over a million pesos. If I die tomorrow my children will never starve and my wife can marry our dentist. He's quite good looking actually.

Tony, thank you. Now I can sleep.

No comments: