Friday, January 11, 2008

Science Fiction

The first time anyone gave me feedback on my writing was in the 7th grade. I was thirteen and had a big crush on a young teacher, Mrs. McGee, who was teaching a creative writing class. I handed in a science fiction story about a domed city on the moon (was reading Clark and Asimov and Vonnegut back then), typed nonetheless, and got an A+. I've dabbled in science fiction ever since.

This past year (2007) I had three or four science fiction stories published, including one as an Amazon Short entitled, "The Word Master" (which YOU can download for only 49 cents--a bargain at any price). At the heart of this story was a question: What would happen if, in some future age, information began to surpass the human capability to process it? How would human beings cope with the deluge of information? (Maybe I've been reading too many blogs.)

I don't know if I wrote a good story, but I guess the folks at Amazon thought so.

No comments: