Monday, December 9, 2013

The Mother of All Mondays

Monday.  The Mother of All Mondays.

Very early this morning I completed two book projects, over 100,000 words all told, and sent the newly-minted manuscripts to their respective editors.  I can't recall ever sending a larger volume of work out on any single day.  But it's a huge relief, too.  100,000 words . . . final-draft-ready-and-done.

There is, of course, a long waiting period between the delivery of manuscripts and the publication date.  I don't know either at this point.  And so, while I'm waiting, I keep writing.  I move on to other projects.  I oil the keys. 

Will I ever deliver 100,000 words again?  I hope so.  I plan to. 

But I might take a brief sabbath, too.

Or, I might read a book.  Preferably one written by someone else.

 

No comments: