Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The Annual Christmas Story

Last year, following on the heels of my annual Christmas Eve story, I received several comments from people who said, "I miss your humor.  When are you going to write a funny Christmas Eve tale?"

Well, this is the year.

But instead of publishing the story and giving it out to the congregation on Christmas eve, I'll be publishing it here . . . on this blog.  I'll be posting the story on Christmas Eve, December 24, around 3 p.m.

And the story?  Let me prepare you.  It's warped.  It's a howler. It has everything you'd ever want in a Christmas eve story, including Christmas decorations, snow, and a chimney.  But people wanted funny.

So, now you know.  Christmas Eve.  December 24th.  3 p.m.  Right here on this same bat channel. 

Oh, and if you want to hear my Christmas eve sermon (which has less humor in it), you can find me at Calvary at 5, 7 & 9 p.m.  The sermon title: "Homecoming".  And if you've been away from your church home too long, I hope you'll return. 

The porch light is on and the door is open.

No comments: