Tuesday, May 29, 2012

2 Fer

I have discovered that many editors work on National Holidays.  Surprisingly, I had two pieces accepted for publication on Monday, one of them a reprint.  (It's always a double blessing when I can sell a piece of writing twice!)

But I didn't have much time to bask in the okie-dokie, as I was relegated to clean up after my son's graduation open house on Sunday.  I even cleaned up the muffler that parted ways with my son's pickup truck--a near 6-foot length of tail pipe that I discovered in the driveway.

Somewhere in all of this mix of open houses, photo ops, and pre-wedding plans, I have a quiver full of essays and stories waiting to be written.  All I need is the time and attention necessary to complete them.

But right now, I'm high on sugar.  I can't wait for my life to get back to an even-keel so I can find my old boring pace again.  

All I can seem to manage right now is picking up the pieces of the leftovers.   

No comments: